What Do Employees Need to Thrive at Work?
Sep 21st, 2021
Are you grappling with the “Great Resignation” and how to create a better future of work for your people? Join us as we really get under the skin of what employees need to be engaged and happy at work to create a thriving work culture. Matt Phelan is joined by:
- Dawn Browne, People & Talent Director of Fuller, Smith & Turner
- Clive Hyland, Head of Neuroscience at The Happiness Index
- To understand:
- – What the 8 key factors are that employees need in order to thrive
- – Why each factor is important and how it can best be nurtured in organisations
Is Culture a Scaling Superpower?
Jun 30th, 2021
Is your company going through a stage of rapid growth? Is your culture something you’re proud of? Are you hoping to make culture the secret ingredient in helping your organisation grow?
Our panel of experts have been in the exact same situation. Periods of change and growth can put a particular strain on your business and on the social & business culture of an organisation. Join us for a discussion around these challenges and how to overcome them.
Matt Phelan is joined by:
- Jemma Rawlins, Director and Co-Founder of HRLife
- David Barker, Chief People Officer at Paddle, previously at Coca-Cola, Microsoft and Riot Games
- Darren Bates-Hirst – Head of People & Culture at Bleach London
- How important do you think culture is to the success of growing a business?
- As a scale up, when is the right time to start thinking about culture?
- Are there particular points in a growth journey when sustaining a thriving culture becomes more difficult in your experience?
- Should you hire for “culture fit” or does this lead to a mono-culture?
- How can you listen to your people and involve them in creating and maintaining your culture?
- Do you have KPIs when it comes to your culture? What are they?
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 10
Jun 10th, 2021
Hayley Charlesworth, founder of The Helping Harry Trust and Harry’s Pals guest-starred on Happiness & Humans-Live to share how organisations can better support employees who are carers!
- Why it’s important for organisations to invest in employees who are carers.
- How to support employees who are carers
- Understanding the experience of what it means to be a carer
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 9
May 27th, 2021
On this week’s episode, we were joined by Clive Hyland, Head of Neuroscience at The Happiness Index & Founder of Make Sense. We had a thought-provoking discussion about how we can revolutionise the workplace by introducing neuroscience and quantum theory concepts.
- A quick introduction to Neuroscience and Quantum Theory
- How HR can implement neuroscience to support people strategies
- What is a Quantum organisation?
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 7
April 29th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Co-Directors of “Fast Feed”, Ira & Adey.
- Ira and Adey share the inspiration behind their short film “Fast feed” which shows life through the lens of a black man who is dealing with the polarised views the media throws at him
- They discussed the effects social media has on mental health and how it can affect future generations
- Will the digital world change after the world returns to “normal”?
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 6
April 15th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Victoria Hall, leadership coach at Make Sense
- Understanding how to self-manage work & personal life, after the pandemic and beyond
- What leaders can do to find a balance of empathy and kindness as well as doing what’s right for the business
- Defining human performance and how we can start a journey of becoming more self-aware
Forging the Future of Work
Mar 31, 2021
Matt Phelan is joined by:
- Caroline Court, Head of Global Workplace & Innovation, Ericcson
- Jo Henderson, HR Director, Clear Channel UK
- Dr Scarlett E Brown, Consultant, CIPD
- To discuss:
- – How to embrace the opportunity and reimagine your people and employee engagement strategy to create a better “new normal”
- – How to address the biggest people challenges that have emerged as a result of the global pandemic
- – What impact the pandemic has had on workplace culture and how culture will be impacted by a hybrid working environment
- – Whether the pandemic has fundamentally transformed the strategic role of HR leaders
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 5
March 25th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Jenny Taylor, People Coordinator at Rockar Ltd.
- Jenny shared her mindfulness toolkit which includes chair yoga, breathing and meditation techniques to centre and calm your mind throughout the day 2.
- We briefly touched on the importance of understanding our 24 character strengths and how we can harness them to improve our personal development in everyday life.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 4
March 11th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Dr.Anne Hsu, Founder of Diplomacy Dojo.
- How we can create a more positive feedback culture and approach difficult conversations
- Understanding the difference between “feelings” and “judgements”
- Importance of understanding emotions in tense conversations.