Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 7
December 3rd, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Natasha Wallace: Author of The Conscious Effect: 50 lessons for better organizational wellbeing. Executive Coach. Speaker. Culture and Workplace Wellbeing Specialist
Natasha Wallace shares the findings from the research project she collaborated on this year titled “Project Brightspot which interviewed 40+ conscious leaders.
1. What leaders can learn from the research- how to create energy and performance in teams.
2. Most important recommendations organisations can do to adopt conscious leadership 3. How this research can help leadership and management development in a remote working environment
How to Execute a Non-Biased & Diverse Talent Strategy
Dec 3, 2020
Matt Phelan and Kevin O’Brien are joined by:
- Catherine Boyd-Maunsell, Head of HR, Process Systems Enterprise
- Kevin Withane, Lawyer, Culture Builder, and DE&I Advocate
- Michelle Willacy, EDI Director, Textile & Co
- Luke McClaran, HR Director, Vitality
- Talent Acquisition – The chicken or the egg?
To achieve a non biased and fair recruitment process, where do you start? Should you focus on uncovering and attracting diverse talent into your organisation? Or, should you invest in creating a culture where all your people, regardless of background, have an equal opportunity to thrive and progress.
- Talent Development – David vs Goliath
How can you best support under-represented groups to rise up the organisation and overcome the deep rooted systemic discrimination that affects them.
- Talent Strategy in Action – Case Studies
Luke and Catherine share where Vitality and PSE are on the journey to executing a non biased and fair talent strategy, including the biggest challenges and biggest opportunities to date.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 6
November 19th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Tony Latter: CEO, Head of Happiness Innovation, The Happiness Index
- 1. The importance of happiness in the workplace
- 2. Research and data to support happiness
- 3.Effective ways of collecting feedback from your employees
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 5
November 5th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager at The Happiness Index, Spencer Collins: Emerging Leader at De Vere Wokefield Estate, Amanda Bennett: HR Project Partner DEI Lead & George Upfield at The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
We are joined by Spencer Collins, Amanda Bennett and George Upfield to discuss how we can be more inclusive of sensory impairments in a virtual world. Topics include:
- Spencer, George and Amanda highlight the biggest challenges that people with sensory disabilities face in a pandemic
- How to help overcome these challenges and be more understanding of people with sensory disabilities
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 4
October 22nd, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Matt Phelan: CEO, Head of Global Happiness, The Happiness Index
Matt Phelan shares a sneak peek into his new book, Freedom to be Happy. Topics include:
- The purpose and motivation for writing the book
- A brief overview of happiness research
- Why employee happiness is so important
Can Employee Monitoring & a Trust Culture Coexist
Nov 11, 2020
As remote and hybrid working become the norm in many workplaces, more organisations are considering the use of employee monitoring technology. But can employee monitoring and a trust culture coexist? Matt Phelan is joined by:
- Jonny Gifford, Senior Researcher, CIPD
- Louise Lawrence, Employment Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
- Willorna Brock, Senior HR Business Partner, The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Matt Stannard, Head of Robots, The Happiness Index
- The current trends in employee surveillance, including which organisations are using it and how, and what technology is currently available.
- What the legal position is on employers monitoring their employees.
- What the moral position is on the monitoring of employees and whether it can ever be justified.
- If employee monitoring can coexist with developing a high trust culture.
- The best way to measure the outputs of employees.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 3
October 8th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Kelly Swingler: CEO, The Chrysalis Crew and Sophie McAdam Clark: Head of People at Digital Theatre
- Biggest factors affecting HR professionals’ mental health since lockdown and how to overcome.How to facilitate open and honest communication
- Tips for setting positive initiatives to look after mental health and wellbeing in your organisation
- Setting positive boundaries for yourself and ways to help become more aware of your own mental health.
Creating a Thriving Culture in a Remote First World Roundtable
Oct 20, 2020
Matt Phelan is joined by:
- Noel McGonigle, HR Director UK, Europe & Middle East at Savills
- Valerie Mann, People Director at Elder HQ
- Katie Jacobs, Senior Stakeholder Lead at CIPD
- To discuss:
- What workplace culture is and why it is important.
- How culture is created and sustained and whether this can be done remotely?
- How cultures have fared through the pandemic and what lessons we can take into the next stage where remote working will remain the norm for many of us.
- How best to create a culture that encourages creative thought and collaboration.
- How to avoid a 2 tier culture (remote workers versus those in the workplace).
- What should the priorities of HR and leadership teams be for the next 6 months and beyond.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 2
September 24h, 2020
- Jenny shares how she has created a thriving culture in her organization
- How to facilitate open and honest communication
- Maintaining a thriving culture while remote working