The countdown is ON! It’s one month until Christmas. That means it’s time to crank up the Christmas tunes as there are just 23 working days until Santa comes…
We know many of you are planning your 2022 people strategy and limbering up to hit targets and achieve your people goals. But what can you do now to put you in the best position to grow next year?
Here’s our checklist of actions and activities to ensure you are ready for everything the new year can throw at you:
- Get started on the road to future-proofing your business by building a listening strategy. “How can I do that?” Don’t worry about it, we’ve created an Ebook to take you by the hand and lead you through the entire process.
- Make sure you’re thinking about the engagement AND happiness of your people in 2022 (we’ve written about why it’s so important to prioritise and measure both).
- Get your employer brand on point. Now is the perfect time to spruce up your careers site and social channels. This will ensure your purpose and culture are clear to everyone who works with you (or really wants to!)
- Check your recruitment process and materials. They need to align with your employer brand, ready for the January surge in job searches. This will have a huge impact on your ability to recruit the right people for your organisation.
- Send your senior leadership team a secret Santa gift of our Co-Founder, Matt Phelan’s book (sure we might be biased, but we think it’s the best way to ensure they get the business case behind your 2022 priority – creating a thriving culture for your people!)
- Collaborate with other HR professionals to understand what challenges they’re facing in 2022 and how they plan to address them. Our community roundtables and HR breakfasts are perfect for this. Email us if you’d like to get involved.
- Create an HR listening calendar based on your key organisational milestones and projects. This will identify the best time to: assess your cultural health, understand how your people are thinking and feeling, and deep-dive into key areas like wellbeing.
- Start a Happiness Task Force. Identify people from across your organisation who want to join an action group for the coming year. This way you will get feedback on your strategy, new ideas and to help your organisation understand that employee happiness is everyone’s business… not just an HR initiative.
- Spend time cleaning up your HR data. Taking time before you launch into your strategy to make sure everything is clean and accurate will mean you’ll be able to measure your impact more easily.
- Take a real break over Christmas and eat mince pies until your insides ache!
We’d love to talk to you about your 2022 people strategy. Click here to book a chat with our team.