It’s been a long, emotional rollercoaster few weeks watching everything going on back home in Minneapolis with George Floyd protests and the video of Amy Cooper in New York. I wanted to find a better way to stand up for the injustices going on besides just signing petitions, donating, making phone calls etc.
I was lucky to be connected with HR expert, Shereen Daniels after she released a really honest video of how she is feeling through all of this. Click here to see Shereen’s video.
She took the time to let me ask her 3 questions and I just listened
The Questions I posed to Shereen
- What would you say to white people/non-black people who want to say something but don’t because they don’t know what to say?
- What advice would you give to business leader, today?
- What can colleagues of black employees do to show support and stand in solidarity?
Disclaimer (Shereen’s words)
- “This interview will be tough to watch at times.”
- “I pull no punches.”
- “And there will be times you will want to press pause.”
- “I urge you to push through your discomfort and keep watching.”
- “Get your leadership team to watch this.”
- “Get your employees to watch this.”
- “You cannot continue to turn a blind eye.”
- “You have got to pick a side.”
The purpose of this video is to give Shereen a voice to address UK businesses and for us to listen and learn from her.