How to Link Equality, Diversity and Employee Engagement Data
Mar 3, 2021
Matt Phelan and Kevin O’Brien of Williams Kent were joined by:
- Dr Jenny Cook, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Data Lead, The Met Office
Monica Stancu, Diversity and Inclusion Manager, Royal Academy of Engineering
Meera Roy-Chowdhury, Diversity & Inclusion Adviser, Business in the Community
Cat Wildman, Co-Founder, The GEC
- To discuss:
- What are the biggest challenges that companies are faced with when it comes to the collection and use of Diversity data?
- How does the collection of Diversity data impact on Employee Engagement?
- Should we be disaggregating Diversity Data to look at intersectionality? Why?
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 2
Feb 11th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Sofie Sun and Marco Van Van Onzen from Sound and Solid.
- Sofie and Marco share the passion behind their mission
- The biggest challenges they help organisations overcome and how they do it
- How the pandemic affects happiness in organisations
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 3
Feb 25h, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Gareth Dunlop, CEO & Founder at FATHOM_
- Gareth breaks down the basic methodology of user experience into three steps to help us think about how we can use these principles to start shaping a better employee experience.
- “Experiences are made of moments” not all add up equally and some may be good or bad but they are all important to help us understand what makes a GREAT experience.
- A surprise magic trick at the end- Worth watching all the way through to see this one!
Creating a Happy & Healthy Organisation – The One Manchester Story
Feb 10, 2021
Mark Thompson and Rosanna Bull were joined by:
- Rachel Armstrong, Learning & Development Partner, One Manchester
- To discuss:
- The main people priorities for One Manchester
- How the global Covid-19 pandemic has impacted their business
- How their values, vision and culture have informed their response
- How they have implemented a listening strategy to understand how their people are feeling and what actions to prioritise
- How their board and leadership team have supported their people strategy
- The journey One Manchester intend to take their people on in 2021 and beyond
Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 1
January 28th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Steven Hargreaves: Founder & Director of The Compassionate Leadership Company.
1. The importance of compassionate leadership in the workplace
2. The impact of compassion and humanizing work in the contemporary working world and for the future.
3. The highs and lows of starting a new business in the midst of a pandemic
Reimagining Employee Engagement in 2021
Jan 27, 2021
Matt Phelan was joined by:
- Lisa Haggar, HR Director, The Fielding Group
- Daiana Vivan, Employee Experience Solutions Director, Sodexo
- Kenlyn Klamper, VP People + Culture, Apkodo
- To discuss:
- What lessons HR leaders have learnt from the pandemic
- How well organisations are currently engaging their people
- The short and long-term challenges HR leaders face in reinventing their employee engagement model
- How HR leaders can create a focussed plan to deliver the changes that will enable their people to go from surviving to thriving
- How to reconnect employee engagement and employee happiness
- How to comply with the UK Corporate Governance Code and strengthen employee voice in the boardroom
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 7
December 3rd, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Natasha Wallace: Author of The Conscious Effect: 50 lessons for better organizational wellbeing. Executive Coach. Speaker. Culture and Workplace Wellbeing Specialist
Natasha Wallace shares the findings from the research project she collaborated on this year titled “Project Brightspot which interviewed 40+ conscious leaders.
1. What leaders can learn from the research- how to create energy and performance in teams.
2. Most important recommendations organisations can do to adopt conscious leadership 3. How this research can help leadership and management development in a remote working environment
How to Execute a Non-Biased & Diverse Talent Strategy
Dec 3, 2020
Matt Phelan and Kevin O’Brien are joined by:
- Catherine Boyd-Maunsell, Head of HR, Process Systems Enterprise
- Kevin Withane, Lawyer, Culture Builder, and DE&I Advocate
- Michelle Willacy, EDI Director, Textile & Co
- Luke McClaran, HR Director, Vitality
- Talent Acquisition – The chicken or the egg?
To achieve a non biased and fair recruitment process, where do you start? Should you focus on uncovering and attracting diverse talent into your organisation? Or, should you invest in creating a culture where all your people, regardless of background, have an equal opportunity to thrive and progress.
- Talent Development – David vs Goliath
How can you best support under-represented groups to rise up the organisation and overcome the deep rooted systemic discrimination that affects them.
- Talent Strategy in Action – Case Studies
Luke and Catherine share where Vitality and PSE are on the journey to executing a non biased and fair talent strategy, including the biggest challenges and biggest opportunities to date.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 6
November 19th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Tony Latter: CEO, Head of Happiness Innovation, The Happiness Index
- 1. The importance of happiness in the workplace
- 2. Research and data to support happiness
- 3.Effective ways of collecting feedback from your employees