Happiness & Humans LIVE S2 Ep 1
January 28th, 2021
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Steven Hargreaves: Founder & Director of The Compassionate Leadership Company.
1. The importance of compassionate leadership in the workplace
2. The impact of compassion and humanizing work in the contemporary working world and for the future.
3. The highs and lows of starting a new business in the midst of a pandemic
Reimagining Employee Engagement in 2021
Jan 27, 2021
Matt Phelan was joined by:
- Lisa Haggar, HR Director, The Fielding Group
- Daiana Vivan, Employee Experience Solutions Director, Sodexo
- Kenlyn Klamper, VP People + Culture, Apkodo
- To discuss:
- What lessons HR leaders have learnt from the pandemic
- How well organisations are currently engaging their people
- The short and long-term challenges HR leaders face in reinventing their employee engagement model
- How HR leaders can create a focussed plan to deliver the changes that will enable their people to go from surviving to thriving
- How to reconnect employee engagement and employee happiness
- How to comply with the UK Corporate Governance Code and strengthen employee voice in the boardroom
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 7
December 3rd, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Natasha Wallace: Author of The Conscious Effect: 50 lessons for better organizational wellbeing. Executive Coach. Speaker. Culture and Workplace Wellbeing Specialist
Natasha Wallace shares the findings from the research project she collaborated on this year titled “Project Brightspot which interviewed 40+ conscious leaders.
1. What leaders can learn from the research- how to create energy and performance in teams.
2. Most important recommendations organisations can do to adopt conscious leadership 3. How this research can help leadership and management development in a remote working environment
How to Execute a Non-Biased & Diverse Talent Strategy
Dec 3, 2020
Matt Phelan and Kevin O’Brien are joined by:
- Catherine Boyd-Maunsell, Head of HR, Process Systems Enterprise
- Kevin Withane, Lawyer, Culture Builder, and DE&I Advocate
- Michelle Willacy, EDI Director, Textile & Co
- Luke McClaran, HR Director, Vitality
- Talent Acquisition – The chicken or the egg?
To achieve a non biased and fair recruitment process, where do you start? Should you focus on uncovering and attracting diverse talent into your organisation? Or, should you invest in creating a culture where all your people, regardless of background, have an equal opportunity to thrive and progress.
- Talent Development – David vs Goliath
How can you best support under-represented groups to rise up the organisation and overcome the deep rooted systemic discrimination that affects them.
- Talent Strategy in Action – Case Studies
Luke and Catherine share where Vitality and PSE are on the journey to executing a non biased and fair talent strategy, including the biggest challenges and biggest opportunities to date.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 6
November 19th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Tony Latter: CEO, Head of Happiness Innovation, The Happiness Index
- 1. The importance of happiness in the workplace
- 2. Research and data to support happiness
- 3.Effective ways of collecting feedback from your employees
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 5
November 5th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager at The Happiness Index, Spencer Collins: Emerging Leader at De Vere Wokefield Estate, Amanda Bennett: HR Project Partner DEI Lead & George Upfield at The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
We are joined by Spencer Collins, Amanda Bennett and George Upfield to discuss how we can be more inclusive of sensory impairments in a virtual world. Topics include:
- Spencer, George and Amanda highlight the biggest challenges that people with sensory disabilities face in a pandemic
- How to help overcome these challenges and be more understanding of people with sensory disabilities
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 4
October 22nd, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Matt Phelan: CEO, Head of Global Happiness, The Happiness Index
Matt Phelan shares a sneak peek into his new book, Freedom to be Happy. Topics include:
- The purpose and motivation for writing the book
- A brief overview of happiness research
- Why employee happiness is so important
Can Employee Monitoring & a Trust Culture Coexist
Nov 11, 2020
As remote and hybrid working become the norm in many workplaces, more organisations are considering the use of employee monitoring technology. But can employee monitoring and a trust culture coexist? Matt Phelan is joined by:
- Jonny Gifford, Senior Researcher, CIPD
- Louise Lawrence, Employment Partner, Winckworth Sherwood
- Willorna Brock, Senior HR Business Partner, The Association of Commonwealth Universities
- Matt Stannard, Head of Robots, The Happiness Index
- The current trends in employee surveillance, including which organisations are using it and how, and what technology is currently available.
- What the legal position is on employers monitoring their employees.
- What the moral position is on the monitoring of employees and whether it can ever be justified.
- If employee monitoring can coexist with developing a high trust culture.
- The best way to measure the outputs of employees.
Happiness & Humans LIVE S1 Ep 3
October 8th, 2020
Hosted by: Rosey Jarvis: Community Manager, The Happiness Index & Kelly Swingler: CEO, The Chrysalis Crew and Sophie McAdam Clark: Head of People at Digital Theatre
- Biggest factors affecting HR professionals’ mental health since lockdown and how to overcome.How to facilitate open and honest communication
- Tips for setting positive initiatives to look after mental health and wellbeing in your organisation
- Setting positive boundaries for yourself and ways to help become more aware of your own mental health.